SQL Database Admin
SQL Database Administrator – Ft Belvoir, VA
The SQL DBA is responsible for the design and development of a new PostgreSQL database and for the production support of an existing PostgreSQL database. Production support includes but is not limited to reviewing and analyzing the existing database to find where there are opportunities for performance gains and applying a continuous monitoring process to ensure continuity of business. The design and development of a new PostgreSQL data entails the consolidation of databases and database tables across several applications using best practices in database design.
- Domain Knowledge with ARMY/Intelligence Community (IC) Systems recommended
- Experience in Postgres RDBMS
- Experience with data modeling
- Experience with Performance and Tuning of PostgreSQL Database
- Ability to analyze and resolve data discrepancies
- Experience with Agile development methodology recommended
Applicant selected must possess a current TS / SCI clearance (government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information).
- Ability to analyze existing database schema and determine impacts migrating to new target schema/instance environment.
- Ability to interact with people of various technical skill levels
- Experience with Online Transactional Processing (OLTP) design and architecture
- Experience with Data Warehouse concepts, design and best practices
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Accumulo or other big data cloud solution
- Experience with storage systems architectures and performance
- Familiar with database RMF security practice and technologies